We Touch, We Play, We Dance – national and international touring (Second Hand Dance)
Touch connects, contains and stimulates. Touch is how we build relationships.
‘We Touch, We Play, We Dance’ is an improvised and interactive dance-show performed by four dancers and a DJ. Adults and children are offered the chance to watch, play and dance as the performers move delightfully and deftly to a live mixed music score.
A beautifully crafted, gentle and playful experience for adults and children that reaffirms the power of touch and dance in a digital age. Touring in the UK Spring 2022, available for international touring from June 2022. Second Hand Dance, supported by the British Council and Canadian High Commission New Conversations: Canada programme, is currently exploring sustainable and digital approaches to touring using Touch as a case study.
We Touch, We Play, We Dance Tour Dates Spring 2022
- Sunday 6 February 2022 @ Cambridge Junction, 11:30am and 2pm
- Wednesday 9 February 2022 @ Southbank Centre, 1:30pm
- Thursday 10 February 2022 @ Southbank Centre, 10:30am and 1:30pm
- Friday 11 February 2022 @ Southbank Centre, 10:30am and 1:30pm
- Saturday 12 February 2022 @ Pavilion Dance South West, 10:30am and 1:30pm
- Saturday 19 February 2022 @ Chats Palace, 11am and 2pm
- Sunday 20 February 2022 @ The Mill Arts Centre, 10:30am and 2pm
I like that dance is inherently sensory – watching other bodies move makes something move inside you – and Touch takes this one step further, inviting physical contact between performers and audience. For the little ones, it encourages play, curiosity, exploration. For me, I come out feeling looser, more alert. – Exeunt Magazine
I loved being able to watch a piece of dance, enjoy it and see my children learn to love it too…after this performance I feel like I have found something that has been missing from my life for a while and it is lovely to have it back. – Greatest Showmum
Wonderful cast, and generous engagement in a relaxed environment – – Audience Member